Fresh cherries, the sweet reminder that summer is here with lots of hot sun left to soak up.
Of course with cherry season you SHOULD be making cherry pie. I’m not sure if there is anything better than cherry pie and now is definitely the time to go for it but here’s a recipe for something a little easier, quicker and maybe even healthier too.
This chocolate mousse uses the richness of avocados and the bitterness of cocoa powder to create an incredible texture that is difficult to achieve without cream and eggs. This recipe is great because you can make it ahead of time and set it and forget it in the fridge until you need it.
Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Fresh Cherries
- Food processor
- 4 whole avocados super ripe
- 80 g sugar
- 1 whole lemon juice
- 50 g cocoa powder best quality you can find
- 2 tbsp olive oil not too strong
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- Peel and seed the avocados and place all ingredients in the food processor. Blend for at least 5 minutes or until it becomes smooth and shiny. As with all recipes you will need to taste at the end to decide if more sugar, salt or lemon juice is needed.
- Chill the mousse in your favourite dessert dish and cover with plastic wrap. If there is some left over you can store this in a sealed container for up to three days.
- Right before you are about to serve, de-seed some cherries and cut in half. Place on top of the mousse and garnish with the fresh mint. The more cherries the better!