Spicy mayo is the go-to sauce for almost anything in our house. It’s that weeknight sauce that always saves the day and brings left-overs back to life. The chef’s secret that never actually makes it into a cookbook but always makes it into our staff-meals. This sauce is quick, easy and is always there to comfort you and your left-over vegetables.
Spicy Tuna Sushi
It’s pretty versatile and goes with just about anything but the one dish that stands out for me is the spicy tuna sushi roll. Spicy tuna, toasted sesame, soft rice and fresh cucumber all wrapped up and drizzled with spicy mayo. You can’t have a spicy tuna sushi roll without the sauce. Mmmmmmm spicy tuna roll…
Honorable mentions for spicy mayo
- Throw it on fried rice
- Dip fried chicken into it
- Use it on burgers or sandwiches
- Put it on left-over vegetables
- Anything fried
- 150 g mayo
- 5 g soy
- 6 g lime juice
- 30 g sriracha sauce or your favourite hot sauce
- ½ clove garlic peeled
- pinch of salt
- Grate the garlic into a bowl. Mix the rest of the ingredients together. Add more hot sauce or salt if you desire.
- Store in a squeeze bottle in the fridge for up to 5 days.