So it’s not exactly a vaccine but a Bloody Mary is definitely going to ease the pain during these dark times and it’s the perfect drink for when you don’t really know what day it is anymore or what you’re supposed to be doing. Bloody Marys are suitable for any time of the day and especially corona-virus pandemics. If you are stuck at home in isolation then make this for yourself and enjoy.
There are loads of ways to make a Bloody Mary but this recipe inspired from Jamie Oliver, adds some BBQ flavours that really make this a knock-out. And I know, BBQ sauce in a cocktail?! Trust me on this one…really.
Here’s the link to Jamie’s recipe with a video…
How To Survive The Corona-virus Pandemic - Bloody Mary
- Large jug
- Big spoon
- lots of ice
- 1 litre tomato juice
- 2 tbsp bbq sauce
- 4 dashes green tabasco
- 4 sticks celery super fresh
- 1 lime juiced
- 4-6 ounces vodka
BBQ spice mix
- 3 tsp celery salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper freshly cracked
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Mix the spices together in a small bowl to make a nice garnish for the drink (also makes a killer BBQ rub!).
- Grab a big pitcher and add all of the ingredients together with a a teaspoon of the BBQ seasoning you just made. Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Take your favourite glass and fill to the top with ice. Pour the bloody marry mix over the ice and garnish nicely with the bbq seasoning and a fresh piece of celery. Drink it preferably in the sun.